Living Simply


The first time I experienced a dump in Guatemala, a place where broken things are thrown, rotting food is placed, items that have no use are put, I was angry at the God that I had grown up loving, believing in, trusting.
How could He allow human beings, with hearts and souls, people He created to live in such a desperate place.
He very quickly reminded me that he had allowed me to be born in a country where I was in the top 4 percent of the wealthiest people in the world. And what was I going to do to change these precious lives?

This began a journey I am still on, learning how to live simply so others can simply live.  I have more then I will ever need, so do I need to continue the cycle of more when I can really do with less?  We are looking at everything from insurance companies, can we get this cheaper somewhere else, to car purchases, do we need new or is that a want to Christmas giving, what can we give others that makes a difference in their lives, to see where we can save money.  We want to change our spending, our life style, so that we can share the wealth we have with those that don't have.    
I have learned that those living in the dump, the broken, unwanted and seemingly hopeless are beautiful, creative, loving people that God had placed in the center of my life, for the rest of my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Enjoy It All

Our Gifts to Him

Representing Christ Well With Our Lives